Business Development Engineer – Heartland Automation, LLC
Due to rapid growth in its core industrial automation system integration business with a new and expanding portfolio of automation products and services, Heartland Automation has an immediate need to add an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and results-driven Business Development Engineer.
Reporting to the Vice President and General Manager, this position involves frequent travel to build relationships with companies in manufacturing, distribution, and warehousing, that are looking to achieve productivity improvement through automation in areas such as AGV & mobile robot integration, robotic material handling, conveyance, and robotic weld cells.
The Business Development Engineer is responsible for managing sales opportunities, achieving profitable revenue, while ensuring ongoing customer satisfaction.
The primary responsibilities for the Business Development Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Discovers new business opportunities and develops Account Strategy and Action Plan
- Provides primary interface for centralized communications w/customer team
- Qualifies leads (both self-sourced and delivered by marketing) and maintains opportunities within CRM system
- Educates the customer on Heartland Automation company, products, and applications
- Performs discovery to uncover customer value drivers and communicates HA value proposition
- Identifies and influences customer decision makers and buying decision criteria
- Orchestrates efficient use of HA resources in consultative Team Selling approach
- Collects Customer Requirements data and collaborates with Sales Applications/Technical Sales to create comprehensive and compelling customer proposals
- Delivers proposals, negotiates win-win deals, and ensures continual customer satisfaction
- Documents sales activities and creates summary reports. Assists in creating sales toolkit.
- Identifies industry trends, collects and assesses competitive and market intelligence.
- Develops Long Range and Quarterly Bookings Forecast; Meets/Exceeds Quarterly bookings goals
- Formulates a strategic sales plan to grow the business within the assigned territory
Qualifications & Requirements
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in United States.
In addition, to be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline: Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering preferred; experience in lieu of a degree will be considered for the right candidate
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical sales, applications engineering, or business development, ideally with some background in mobile robotics (AGVs), material conveyance, robot material handling or automation products.
- Strong industry knowledge, with an existing network of contacts, in automotive manufacturing, industrial & agricultural machinery, warehousing, or 3PL companies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to recognize and address the interests of the various buyers: management, economic, technical, and users.
- Self-motivated with discipline to work out of a home office environment with remote management.
- Up to 80% travel expected
This position will include a competitive Base Salary plus a Bonus Plan based on results, and an excellent benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time