Heartland Automation, a leading Systems integrator for material handling and automation in the manufacturing and distribution industries is seeking an individual to manage a critical strategic account with the objective to grow market share within the account through establishing working relationships from the executive level to the operational level.
We are looking for an Account Manager to create long-term, trusting relationships with our key strategic customer. The Account Manager’s role is to oversee a Heartland solution portfolio within the strategic account, develop new business by actively seek new sales opportunities with the account by leveraging relationships from Executive economic buyers to operational influencers.
Account Manager responsibilities and charter include:
- Operating as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your account.
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Overseeing customer account management, including negotiating contracts and agreements to maximize profit.
- Position technical solutions to business issues addressing motivating Return on Investment, Internal Rate of Return in line with your account business justification practices.
- Grow market share within the account.
What does an Account Manager do?
Account management responsibilities include developing strong relationships with customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders positions within the account to identify and develop new projects. Account Managers also answer client queries and identify new business opportunities among existing customers. In this role, you will liaise with cross-functional internal teams (including Project Management, Solution Design, and Partner relationships) to improve the entire customer experience. This position will require travel to the Account various facilities.
Ultimately, a successful Account Manager should collaborate with our sales and technical teams to achieve quotas while keeping our clients satisfied and engaged with our products and services in the long-run.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters at the Key Account
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- Develop trusted advisor relationships within the key account, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions proposals according to customer needs and objectives
- Develop an account strategy identifying business need of client executives and internally plan to meet those needs
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders. Establish Quarterly Management reviews with the client.
- Lead preparation of written proposals articulating our solutions. Close business on a quarterly basis that reflects at least 100% of the assigned quarterly goal
- Develop new business with existing client and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas and market share growth
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts, customer satisfaction)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within the account
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant business development role in a technical and production/manufacturing environment with Automotive background a plus.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Experience in presenting technical solutions to Customer with internal Project and Solution design support
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of our competitors’ products
- Ability to gain domain expertise in client’s area of business within days.
- Ability to sell at high levels within customer organization – a “find and hunt” strategic selling winner.
- Discipline and focus on the high-priority activities that result in closing business.
- Expertly coordinate and leverage internal relationships and resources including but not limited to inside sales, technical presales, partner sales, executives and delivery teams.
- Experience in relationship building and willingness to be a team player, as well as team leadership skills.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of the manufacturing business issues relevant to justifying projects in terms of ROI, IRR, and how the client justifies projects
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, an Engineering discipline, Sales or relevant field
- Outstanding oral and written skills, working closely with others in the sale and delivery of solutions.
- BS/BA degree in an area that demonstrates technical and/or business aptitude