Due to rapid growth in its core industrial automation system integration business with a new and expanding portfolio of mobile robot products and services, Heartland Automation has an immediate need to add an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and results-driven Regional Sales Manager to cover the Midwest US territory.
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, and servicing the Heartland Automation headquarters in Georgetown Kentucky, this is a home-based position involving frequent local travel within your assigned region to build relationships with companies in manufacturing, distribution, and warehousing, that are looking to achieve productivity improvement through automation in areas such as AGV integration, robotic material handling, conveyance, and robotic weld cells.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for managing sales opportunities within the region, achieving profitable revenue, while ensuring ongoing customer satisfaction.
The primary responsibilities for the Regional Sales Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Provides primary interface for centralized communications w/customer team
- Qualifies leads (both self-sourced and delivered by marketing) and maintains opportunities within CRM system
- Discovers new business opportunities and develops Account Strategy and Action Plan
- Educates the customer on Heartland Automation company, products, and applications
- Performs discovery to uncover customer value drivers and communicates HA value proposition
- Identifies and influences customer decision makers and buying decision criteria
- Orchestrates efficient use of HA resources in consultative Team Selling approach
- Collects Customer Requirements data and collaborates with Sales Applications/Technical Sales to create comprehensive and compelling customer proposals
- Delivers proposals, negotiates win-win deals, and ensures continual customer satisfaction
- Documents sales activities and creates summary reports. Assists in creating sales toolkit.
- Identifies industry trends, collects and assesses competitive and market intelligence.
- Develops Long Range and Quarterly Bookings Forecast; Meets/Exceeds Quarterly bookings goals
- Formulates a strategic sales plan to grow the business within the assigned territory
Qualifications & Requirements
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in United States.
In addition, to be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline: Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering preferred; experience in lieu of a degree will be considered for the right candidate
- 5-10 years of experience in a technical sales, applications engineering, or business development, ideally with some background in mobile robotics (AGVs), material conveyance, robot material handling or automation products.
- Strong industry knowledge, with an existing network of contacts, in automotive manufacturing, industrial & agricultural machinery, warehousing, or 3PL companies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to recognize and address the interests of the various buyers: management, economic, technical, and users.
- Self-motivated with discipline to work out of a home office environment with remote management.
- Travel expected 30 to 75% of the time depending on home office location, close to major airport preferred.
This position will include a competitive Base Salary plus a Bonus Plan based on results, and an excellent benefits package.
Heartland Automation thanks you for your interest in joining our team and the appreciates the efforts required to pursue this opportunity, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.